Industrial Services Group (ISG) was established in its current guise in 1997; owned by Bradford Metropolitan District Council but operating as an entirely independent and autonomous commercial organisation.
Our roots however, stretch back much further; to the 1920s when the Bradford arm of the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) established a service supporting incapacitated servicepeople returning from World War I, into employment.
The precedent was set for our continued work with unemployed disabled people in local communities, and our organisation remains headquartered in the same premises commissioned by the RNIB all those years ago.
There is a long period where the company’s history is unclear, but we know West Yorkshire’s constituent Councils grouped together to adopt the business during the 1970s, naming it ISCO 5 or Industrial Services Company 5 – the digit denoting the number of Local Authorities involved.
In 1997 Bradford Council assumed full ownership of the business, rebranding it as Industrial Services Group (ISG), with a clear remit to improve employment opportunities for disabled people through local, commercial enterprises. Our standards of work and service however, have never taken a back seat, consistently receiving widespread recognition over the past two decades – for manufacturing and installation in both refurbishment and new-build projects.
- 1993: the beginning of our focus on PVC-U window
- 1997: ISG is born as an autonomous organisation, owned by Bradford MDC.
- 1999: ISG diversifies into Festival Lighting.
- 2001: ISG supplements its window production with a new door
- 2003: ISG is awarded an exclusive five-year contract with Bradford Community Housing Trust, to manufacture and install PVC-U windows and composite doors for its 25,500 properties, as required. More than 10,700 units had been fitted when the contract ended in 2008.
- 2010: ISG introduces its one-year NVQ and on-the-job training programme.
- 2016: ISG becomes a fabricator and installer of cutting-edge window and door systems from Halo – a brand of the national market-leading PVC-U profile manufacturers, The VEKA UK Group.
We’ve been transforming lives and homes for over twenty years now, and are proud of our reputation as a professional, dedicated company that strives to provide both the best service for its clients and new opportunities for the disabled community.